Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA): Canceling Orders and Removal Requests
IN THIS GUIDE
With Order Desk, you can connect to any Fulfillment by Amazon region to send your orders to FBA for fulfillment. This guide will go cover how to cancel orders that were sent to FBA and how to make removal requests.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) Guides
If you need to cancel an order that has already been sent to FBA, you can click the Request Shipment Cancelation button from the order detail page:
Amazon will attempt to cancel the order, but in some cases, it may have already shipped or be too far along within their own system to stop it. Follow up in your Amazon account if you are unclear on the status of the order after requesting shipment cancelation.
For more information on working with canceled orders in Order Desk, please see this guide.
If you need to request inventory be removed from FBA's warehouse system, you can do so from Order Desk. You'll first need to enable Allow Amazon FBA Removal Requests in the Advanced Settings section of your FBA integration settings:
Create an order in Order Desk for any products you want to have returned to you, and on the order details page, click the Amazon FBA Removal Request button. If you have more than one FBA region integrated to Order Desk with removal requests enabled on them, select the appropriate region for where the inventory is stored that will be removed:
This will queue up the process and Order Desk will send the feed with the removal request to Amazon. After a few minutes, the app will check to see if the request was successful or not. If so, the order will be moved to the folder selected in that FBA integration settings After Submit, Move To setting. If it was not successful for any reason, the store admin will receive an email with further details.
To set up an order for a removal request, please keep in mind these Amazon requirements:
- Removal requests must include the phone number of the recipient. Be sure that the shipping address has a phone number before submitting.
- The ID number of the order being submitted must not be over 10 characters long. If you need to shorten your Order ID before submitting a removal request, you can edit it by clicking Edit Order Details under the order details section on the order page:
- For more information, please see Amazon's removal request overview.
Order Desk will check the tracking info for these shipments once a day, and if a tracking number is found, it will be added to the removal request order like with any other regular order.
Additional notes about removal requests:
- If your SKUs end with
-REFURBor start with
REFURB-these will be stripped out of the SKU before being sent to Amazon.
- If you have a specific SKU that you would like to send rather than the value found in the item code field of your product, you can set a variation or metadata value of
FBARemovalSku:Be sure to sync this into your order. For instructions on order syncing, please read this guide.
- If you would like to remove some sellable inventory, you may set a variation or metadata field on your product(s) called
SellableQuantitywith a value for the number of items you'd like to have removed:
- By default, unsellable inventory will be removed in the amount of the quantity for the item in the order. If you need to customize this, set a variation or metadata field called